We can climb the writer road alone, trip over rocks and mutter to ourselves or we can join forces with other creative people. I decided it would be a lot nicer and easier on my feet if I connected with other writers.
And I was right! It’s not often – but boy I was right! Linking up and seeking out other people who love to write is not so much a choice but essential to a writers mental sanity on this bumpy and often unpredictable road.
I am trying to share my journey with you. *I’d just like to say that I doubt I would have achieved these goals alone – so a big thank you to all the people who cheer me on, read my posts, share their insightful thoughts with me and support my journey. You know who you are. Thanks for your company.
Here’s what’s been going down…
- Steel Magazine has made me a Feature Writer.
- I continue to promote and feature emerging talent (artists, writers and poets but anyone creative is welcome) on my blog, I have a long list of people to feature. More and more agents and professionals are contacting me and requesting that I feature their client. Wow!
- I also continue to run Support-a-Writer, my online community which has over 400 active members.
- I’ve just completed a full interview for a national press magazine here in Australia (publication is likely to be August 2013 – watch this space!)
- My book Women Behaving Badly – Exposing the Truth about Female Friendship has been awarded the special honor of Book of the Mouth over at Steel Magazine! Hooray!
- I am trying to write my second book – goodness knows when I will manage to write my next book. Phew!
All you lovely people who write and blog – where do you find the time to fit it all in? I’d love to know!
At the moment, I am looking at my nails – they have been neglected for weeks now – the pink polish is hanging on for dear life. Going to the toilet is a break. Buying in the weekly grocery shop a chance to stop thinking about book marketing. Crikey.
Perhaps I should hire in some professional help so I can concentrate on writing more? Any tips on who to hire?
I know I definitely need to set up a proper schedule for writing. I need to set up a schedule for when to blog too!
My personal situation is this – I have three kids, one an active but delightful toddler.
So, my friends, any fabulous tips for squeezing it all in and not resulting in a spectacular creative burn out would be marvelous. As always, thanks for reading.